Do you have a newly installed garage door, planning to get one installed, or just simply want to read about household safety measures? Well, you’ve found what you’ve been looking for. Here are a few garage door safety reminders for both children and adults alike.
- Keep your garage door in check; it needs to be maintained properly to ensure that it is operating safely. We recommend an annual maintenance check by a trained technician but there are also a few simple safety checks you can perform yourself.
- When the garage door is not functioning properly and you’ve already tried fixing the little problems yourself but still couldn’t get it to work, call a trained service technician. Remember, your garage door is electrically operated and therefore could cause electrocution and lead to injuries that are fatal if mishandled.
- In the event that you accidentally backed into your garage door (being busy and in a constant hurry and all), call a trained technician to have a look at it. Though it may look physically OK, there is still a chance that your operating system might have been misaligned which could lead to further accidents.
- Always keep an eye while opening and closing your garage door until is fully opened or closed. Be sure that no one tries to enter or exit while it is still moving.
- Keep away from a moving garage door. Don’t try to sneak in by racing under while the garage door is still in motion.